Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weekly Menu 3.23 - 3.28

In an effort to get organized and shop more efficiently, I am going to try to plan my meals out for the week ahead on Sunday before I go to the grocery store. This will hopefully keep me away from the impulse buys that I tend to grab when I'm going up and down the aisles. I will try to rate the meals after we have them and share recipies of keepers. Here goes week 1:

Monday : Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps **
(Made this before, but this time the chicken was too dry, and I wasn't able to peel off any lettuce cups in once piece. This is not PF Chang's, ok!)

Tuesday : Chicken w/ Leeks and Tarragon ****
(I'm always weary of crockpot recipes but I really liked this one! It was very flavorful and moist. I would recommend this for the winter time, it is very hearty & yummy)

Wednesday : Pizza w/ a friend *****
Scout got to meet Hilton (a fellow boykin spaniel!)

Thursday : Curried Eggplant and Basmati Rice *****
Really really good!

Friday : Venison Chili, Goat Cheese Cornbread, Beer & Blood Orange Margs! *****
I mean, not to brag, but I made homemade chili and cornbread and it was delicious!

Saturday : Somewhere fun with John & Amanda
We went to Herrera's on Maple. BYOB, and good Mexican.

2 comments:

Claire said...

sister you are so cute! i want to do that too! i wish i had a husband home to cook for!!

Charlotte Rice said...

You should also know that publishing your weekly menu will make it easier for us all to decide which night to "just show up"!!