Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Independance Day!


Tomorrow I will be sitting on the lake enjoying my holiday with good friends!

My little sister and her husband, who I haven't seen in 8 months, will also be here for the weekend!


I can't wait to watch fireworks, play Apples to Apples and eat tasty food all weekend.

Here's a few things I'm making:
Hello Dolly Bars (otherwise known as 7 layer magic bars)
Aunt Beth's Chili Egg Puff (jiggly egg puff, as my dad refers to it)
10 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz small curd cottage cheese
1 lb. grated jack cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
2 4-oz cans of green chilis (chopped)
Mix all ingredients and pour into a buttered 9x 13 glass baking dish
Bake for 35 min at 350 degrees
Breakfast Apple & Blueberry Crumble (I'll share this recipe soon)
And of course, coffee.
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July! And say a prayer for all those who are away from their families, making sure we get to keep our freedom.

No comments: