Yesterday I did the cardio dvd. It was not as intense as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I was completely dripping in sweat by the end of it, but I was a little more familiar with the yoga & kickboxing type moves that we did.
I went to my annual doctor visit this morning and walked out with a high: I lost 5 lbs since last July! Wohoo! Then shortly after, I was exiting the parking garage only to realize I did not have $1 or even a check to write a $1 check. The parking attendant smiled at me while I began to sweat. She pointed to the gas station down the way while she wrote down my license number to hold hostage for my $1 bail.
I drove to the first gas station, then realizing that I needed gas, so I went ahead and filled up. I walked inside to purchase some water in the hopes of getting cash back since paying atm fees is my worst nightmare. I hate the concept! Well of course they did not do cash back so I jammed my cared in the atm, grumbling. I followed all the prompts and entered all my information and then the machine stated, out of order. Are you kidding me?
So I frantically called my poor unsuspecting husband, yelling at him to find the nearest chase atm so I didn't have to pay the fee and I could end this delima with some sort of accomplishment. He couldn't help, so I sped to the next gas station under the highway.
It was under construction! I finally found the next gas station about 1 mile down that road. It was a big fancy RaceTrac, so I felt confident that they would give me cash back. I calmed down and found some smart water to buy (which has electrolites to refuel after my grueling workout last night). I walk up to the counter and of course they do not do cash back either. I almost threw the bottle at the cashier this time. I stamped outside and stuck my card in the 2nd atm machine which gave me $10 for the fee of $3 for the $1 parking fee. ARG!
I drove back to the hospital and entered back into the hospital parking garage, wind around all the levels back to the parking attendant and give her my parking bail, making sure to tell her in an annoyed voice that the atm she directed me to was out of order. All the while in the back of my head, I was wondering if the parking attended thought I was going to come back or just drive off, since it was only $1. Maybe I was doing all this to impress her in hopes that she would refund my $1. But then would all of that effort have been worth $1? I should do the right thing, no matter how inconveniencing it is.
Well, I would like to blame my temper on "roid rage", but alass I am not taking steroids. Just protein powder. Does this have the same effect? Maybe so? .
Lesson learned: always, ALWAYS carry cash.
The end.


1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh, I feel your pain! :)
Post a Comment